• TWG Staff

Physical Damage and Bobtail defined

Physical Damage (comprehensive and collision)

If you're an owner-operator driving on lease to a motor carrier who provides your primary liability, you might need to carry your own physical damage coverage to protect your truck.

Why is this? Typically, a motor carrier provides primary liability coverage for owner-operators, but not necessarily physical damage coverage. When you maintain physical damage on your policy, this pays for damages to your truck caused by a collision, overturn, theft or natural disaster - even if you experience a total loss. In addition, typically this coverage isn't bound by any radius restrictions.

Collision insurance provides protection for your vehicle if it is damaged in an accident. Collision insurance pays to repair or replace your vehicle if it:

Collides with another object

Overturns or rolls

Comprehensive insurance provides protection for your vehicle if it is damaged by something other than a collision with a vehicle or object, or if your vehicle is stolen.

Non Trucking Liability

If you're under permanent lease to a motor carrier that provides your primary liability coverage, you could benefit from our Non-Trucking Liability (NTL) coverage while using your truck for a non-business purpose.

NTL kicks in when you use your truck on your days off for things like going to the movies, picking up groceries, attending sporting events or visiting friends.

Call Susan today at 866.223.8013 for a quote today!

15 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All